Join us in a sales internship with Yellow! This opportunity will provide valuable insight into the transportation industry. Our interns are given opportunity to explore the ability to learn about our organization with onsite exposure to sales and operations. This position will acquire, develop, and grow customer relationships and revenue over the phone to meet and exceed revenue and profit goals.
We are looking for individuals with majors that support the skills we are seeking in strategic sales, marketing, and supply chain management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn and develop skills in prospecting new customers.
- Gain exposure to Yellow’s Operations and Sales departments.
- Shadow Local Sales Professionals & Operations Leadership
- Manage new and established account development for continued revenue and profit growth.
- Actively pursue and qualify valued business opportunities.
- Maintain positive client relationships.
- Assist in identifying new opportunities for current and new customers.
- Other projects as assigned
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
- Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Entering senior year in college
- Desire to pursue a career in sales
- Interest in transportation industry
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills & listening skills
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer