The Internship Program with WPS Health Solutions is comprised of four key components. WPS interns will primarily focus on the responsibilities within their functional areas, as it relates to their respective field of study. In a group setting, interns will collaborate on the “Pay-It-Forward Project” – the development of a resource to be utilized for future program participants. The third component relates to exposure to corporate culture and training to aid in future career successes. At the conclusion of the program, interns will participate in a final presentation for senior executives by showcasing their experience in the program and functional areas.
In this role you will:
- Under direct supervision of professional staff, provides entry-level professional support services in a specialty field, as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the department
- Assists in the planning and implementation of assigned projects
- Participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization
- Uses acquired knowledge and skills to carry out and complete project activities
- Attend staff meetings and serve on project teams as required
- Maintain knowledge and ensure the protection of hardware/software system security policies, practices and requirements
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance of company policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements for executives, directors, and board members
- Assist in the preparation of state filing requirements to ensure compliance
- Complete numerous month-end journal entries for all legal WPS entities
- Create and analyze account reconciliations for subsidiaries of WPS
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation’s military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
- Gaining valuable experience that aligns with your career goals
- Gain a thorough understanding of GAAP in a large finance department
- Gain an understanding of STAT guidelines for the insurance industry
- Have access to contribute to every section of the accounting cycle
You need to:
- Be currently pursuing a degree in Accounting.
- Have experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive paid time off
- Dress for your day
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values – Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors, and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their beneficiaries.
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, we’ve served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966.
Arise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin. With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts