Are you ready to join us at the forefront of U.S.-Canadian relations? The Canada Institute is looking for a staff intern to assist with research and the support of programmatic initiatives. This internship is designed to provide the individuals selected with the opportunity for practical experience in an environment that successfully mixes academic study with public policy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching and drafting memos on issues and developments that affect the U.S.-Canadian relationship;
- Producing independent research projects in the form of infographics, blog posts, and thinkpieces;
- Attending and reporting on events hosted by the Canada Institute and its partner organizations;
- Work with internal and external partners on ongoing initiatives, including events and podcasts;
- Supporting the ongoing work of Canada Institute staff, fellows, and scholars.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A demonstrated interest in the spectrum of issues that constitute the U.S.-Canadian relationship;
- Ability to work independently and with limited oversight in a virtual work environment;
- Ability to collaboratively conduct research and produce content in small teams;
- Quantitative research skills and experience with large datasets;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong language ability in English.
This is a virtual, paid internship opportunity that requires a time commitment of 15-20 hours/week. Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program throughout the course of the internship.
To apply, send your resume, a cover letter describing how you can contribute to our team and what you are looking to gain from the internship, and your most recent academic transcript. Clearly state your availability and desired schedule in your application. All materials should be submitted together to Canada@WilsonCenter.org by Monday November 29th. In the subject line, please use the following format: Last Name, Canada Institute Staff Internship Application. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.