Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium and Safari Park Sea Lion Internship Opportunity
Litchfield Park, Arizona
Application Deadline March 1st, 2022 for Spring internship
Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium and Safari Park is seeking sea lion department interns for May through August 2022. Dates may be flexible depending on intern availability. Interns will be immersed in everyday happenings with our sea lion staff.
· Interns will commit to a regular schedule of at least 3 days per week for at least 16 consecutive weeks.
· Internship is unpaid and interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation. Housing assistance may be available for reduced rent price through employees as available.
· If interns are seeking credit through school/university interns will be required to contact their school and/or professor and complete any necessary paperwork prior to internship start date.
· Read intern handbook, take quizzes and participate in lessons
· Learn daily roles, such as fish preparation and life support maintenance, assist with chores and cleaning of fish kitchen
· Dive pools for maintenance and cleaning after mandatory check-out dive
· Learn the show script and progress to hosting shows
· Assist with public sea lion programs
· Observe training sessions with California Sea Lions and participate in training discussions
· Learn operant conditioning techniques through conducting supervised training sessions