Currently, we are seeking qualified co-op candidates to join the Whirlpool Amana Team in Amana, IA! At Whirlpool, you will have the opportunity to work with experienced engineering professionals on projects that impact the bottom line. This co-op program is an excellent opportunity to gain a wide range of experience, develop relationships across the company and explore what most interests you.
Opportunities will be available in the following manufacturing areas: Assembly, Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Support, Fab/Foam, Paint, Plastics, Supply Chain Management, Environmental, Health and Safety, Quality, Internal Supplier, Projects Design, Electrical Engineering, Structures, Cooling and Architecture Job.
Responsibilities could include the following:
- Responsible to understand the manufacturing process and apply the knowledge to process control documentation
- Work with cross functional teams to implement solutions and give feedback on new parts
- Work hand in hand with engineers to implement projects on a deadline.
- Train supervisors, team leads, and operators on equipment tools required for general assembly
- Lead Quick and Standard Kaizens Training
- Support Major and Advanced Kaizens
- Assist in Implementing engineering changes on the floor
- Learn and be a trainer on various WCM tools
- Determine issues that face the business and start to drive change without the direction of an engineer or supervisor.
**Must be a current student of a university with a graduation date of 08/2022 or later to apply.
**Normal working hours are 7:00AM – 3:30PM. These are capable of flexing to off shift/weekends as needed. Holidays as needed.
Please contact Logan Kiefer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!