Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST) is a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States and Canada. We are looking for a full-time Project Manager/Biologist located in our Bloomington, IN office. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
WEST, Inc. is a federal contractor and is required under Executive Order 14042 to mandate vaccinations for employment. Effective immediately, all prospective hires will be required to provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or as a condition of employment agree to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on or before December 8, 2021. Per the order, employees may also request a Medical or Religious exemption from the vaccine requirement and the request must be supported by a doctor for a medical exemption or by a statement from the employee for a sincerely held belief for a religious exemption. Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine. Once the FDA requirements are defined for COVID-19 vaccine booster shots, employees will be required to obtain the shots at the recommended interval to satisfy the fully vaccinated requirement.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Generous paid leave
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Life insurance, LTD and AD&D
- SEP IRA
- Employee owned/Shareholder potential
Join WEST and you will discover and enjoy:
- Family friendly environment
- Diverse workforce and DE&I efforts
- Great work/life balance
- Flexible and Casual work culture
- Professional growth opportunity
- Safe and happy working environment
Our Project Managers work individually, as well as with a team of natural resource specialists, scientists and biometricians.
- Administration of projects
- Prepare reports, proposals and provide quality assurance of data
- Environmental consulting
- Oversee projects including leading and organizing:
- Pre-construction, post-construction mortality monitoring; renewable energy projects; linear projects and other variable development projects field studies; permitting and regulatory support for energy projects
- Manage project teams, deliverables and budgets for multiple projects
- Train field supervisors and technicians
- Supervise and direct field studies and staff
- Promote health and safety
- Market WEST’s capabilities
- Foster current business relationships and promote new business development efforts
- This position will require overnight travel
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who possesses:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biological studies, natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology or equivalent.
- A master’s degree in a wildlife-related field
- As well as previous professional experience in environmental consulting are desired
- Avian and/or bat ecology are the target areas of technical expertise sought, but experience in wetland delineation, plant identification, or other areas of ecology potentially of interest to commercial clients will also be considered
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Understanding of the renewable energy market
- Previous project management experience (preferably 5+ years),including budgeting, and proposal writing experience, consulting work, professional scientific experience, and a track record of maintaining positive relationships with coworkers, clients or stakeholders
- Wildlife biology technical knowledge and knowledge of regional wildlife
- Demonstrated ability to work on biological field studies, specifically targeting eagles
- Wetland delineation and Section 404 permitting is a plus
After an offer of employment is made, the candidate must successfully pass a pre- employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, and any protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.