Why Join Team VCP:
Vista College Prep is a growing network of high-performing tuition-free public charter schools in historically underserved communities of Phoenix. VCP was founded in 2013 with the belief that demographics do not determine destiny and that all students deserve an excellent education.
Our organization is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. We believe that diversity is crucial for effecting lasting change, is one of VCP’s greatest strengths, and that the full potential of our diverse network will be reached only when we are an inclusive community.
What sets us apart? Our rich and rigorous curriculum, focus on social-emotional learning, targeted professional development, family engagement, and-most of all-our mission-aligned team. VCP staff are committed to anti-racism and educational equity, more than ever as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. VCP’s joyful, urgent, intentional culture underscores all we do to make our schools a proof point for what is possible for our growing community of students in Arizona. Join us!
Teaching Assistants support VCP teachers in their work to cultivate safe, joyful learning environments characterized by inclusivity and highest expectations for all scholars. In this role, you will build relationships that help instill the joy of life-long learning in our scholars, learn from and collaborate closely with your lead teacher and team members, and and use coaching and assessment data to continually improve your effectiveness. This role can provide a gradual learning experience that leads to the possibility of taking on a role with greater responsibility; future teachers are encouraged to apply!
- Build positive relationships with students grounded in respect, enthusiasm, achievement, courage, hard work and self-determination through structured social-emotional learning;
- Lead whole group instructional blocks with the support of a lead teacher as assigned;
- Learn best practices through practice and observation with a VCP teacher and/or grade level;
- Maintain school-wide systems, rules and consequences, and rewards;
- Monitor student activities and participate in operational duties (recess, lunch, bus duty, etc.) as assigned;
- Observe, monitor, and record student progress;
- Participate in grade-level activities and school-wide functions;
- Serve as go-to substitute teacher on campus;
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school’s teacher performance rubric as a guide;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Participate in annual staff training.
- Belief in the Vista College Prep mission and educational model;
- Strong communication, collaboration, and organizational skills;
- Enthusiasm for teaching academic content;
- Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package, and comprehensive health and retirement benefits for qualifying employees. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including all curricular materials, relevant and quality professional development, laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Apply Today! Email a resume and cover letter to Julia Luzi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information, please visit our website: www.vistacollegeprep.org.
Vista College Prep is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an organization that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), genetics, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by law. We believe that diverse teams build better outcomes, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to our success and the success of our students, and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees.