Why Join Team VCP:
Vista College Prep is a growing network of high-performing tuition-free public charter schools in historically underserved communities of Phoenix. VCP was founded in 2013 with the belief that demographics do not determine destiny and that all students deserve an excellent education.
Our organization is deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. We believe that diversity is crucial for effecting lasting change, is one of VCP’s greatest strengths, and that the full potential of our diverse network will be reached only when we are an inclusive community.
What sets us apart? Our rich and rigorous curriculum, focus on social-emotional learning, targeted professional development, family engagement, and-most of all-our mission-aligned team. VCP staff are committed to anti-racism and educational equity, more than ever as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. VCP’s joyful, urgent, intentional culture underscores all we do to make our schools a proof point for what is possible for our growing community of students in Arizona. Join us!
Special Education Teachers support students and staff through co-planning, co-teaching, inclusion, and pull-out support for students receiving special education services. In this role, you will build relationships that help instill the joy of life-long learning in our scholars, collaborate closely with instructional staff and your students’ families to ensure VCP is meeting and exceeding the educational needs of all our scholars.
- Develop and implement rigorous, standards-aligned IEPs and 504 plans with targeted goals tied to grade level expectations for all students in case load, revising as updating as needed or, at minimum, annually;
- Build positive relationships with students grounded in respect, enthusiasm, achievement, courage, hard work, and self determination through structured social-emotional learning;
- Teach and maintain school-wide systems, rules and consequences, and rewards;
- Serve as an inclusion teacher as needed to more effectively support the learning abilities of all students;
- Collaborate with general education teachers and school staff to ensure appropriate differentiation of curriculum and delivery of accommodations and modifications per IEPs and 504 Plans of students in case load;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Communicate effectively and proactively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with coach and colleagues to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students;
- Manage all Special Education-related compliance and documentation, including but not limited to meeting requests, signed IEP Progress Reports, evaluations, Teacher Input Questionnaires, and Special Education files;
- Coordinate with Student Success Team and contracted providers, including but not limited to Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, and School Psychologist as needed;
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school’s teacher performance rubric as a guide;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of IEP/504 Plan goals; and,
- Participate in annual three-week staff training.
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects and for supporting students with exceptional needs;
- Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance;
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in urban public school setting preferred, but not required;
- Valid Arizona Special Education Teaching Certificate;
- Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package, and comprehensive health and retirement benefits for qualifying employees. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including all curricular materials, relevant and quality professional development, laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Apply Today! Email a resume and cover letter to Julia Luzi at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information, please visit our website: www.vistacollegeprep.org.
Vista College Prep is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an organization that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), genetics, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by law. We believe that diverse teams build better outcomes, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to our success and the success of our students, and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees.