Take a stand for investors
Vanguard’s College to Corporate Internship Program for Business Leadership is an immersive, hands-on experience at one of the world’s leading investment firms. Our interns gain real-world experiences through unique opportunities that will prepare them to navigate a future career in leadership. During the internship, each intern will be tasked with leading a key assignment to advance our mission and provide meaningful contributions that may impact our twenty million investors, worldwide.
In this internship program you will:
- Develop a broad understanding of our business as well as gain deep insights into the department in which you are pursuing your project work. Whether it’s Marketing, Client Service, Personal Advisory Services, Risk Management, or beyond, your assignment will draw upon your experiences and interests as well as meet our business needs
- Practice key skills that demonstrate how creative thinking, technology, analysis, and problem-solving drive success in a major corporation
- Gain confidence in navigating the ambiguities of the industry as you identify problems, recommend solutions, and improve how the business functions
- Meet regularly with your department manager and internship program manager to receive personalized coaching and mentorship
- Cultivate new relationships in a fast-growing network of dedicated professionals working to do what’s right for the investor
Kickstart a career that counts
This is a chance to develop your potential as a confident, capable, and engaging leader under the guidance of top industry leadership.
Upon successful completion of the internship, you will have the opportunity to apply for a full-time position, including one of the Vanguard Specialty Programs. All of Vanguard’s Specialty Programs offer an immersive work experience post-graduation that provides rotational work opportunities that promote networking, growth and development, and a unique perspective and emphasis on leadership.
What it takes
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred, with all majors considered
- Aspiration for leadership highly desirable
- Effective leadership, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative
- Results oriented with the ability to lead multiple priorities
- At this time Vanguard is only considering candidates that will not now, or in the future, need sponsorship or other immigration support to obtain US work authorization
- This program is a full-time, paid summer internship
- The start date for this program will be May/June 2022
- Acceptance into the program is contingent upon a successful drug-screening result and background check
- You will have the opportunity to give back to the community by donating your time and talent during a paid Volunteer Day with your intern cadre
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.