**THIS IS TO AMEND EXC-21-043-PDC-11061294 (CHANGING DUTY STATION FROM FT. WORTH TO ALL OF THE UNITED STATES). IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED TO EXC-21-043-PDC-11061294, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
**CURRENT EMPLOYEES NEED NOT APPLY.
**THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON. FINAL PAY RATE WILL BE DETERMINED BY EMPLOYEE’S HOME ADDRESS AND IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Due to the amount of mandatory overtime, outside employment is strongly discouraged.
As a Paralegal Specialist at the GS-0950-7, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Reviewing Loan Authorization and Agreement and all other necessary legal instruments to ensure these documents are properly prepared and executed.
- Addressing inquiries and concerns from borrowers and/or their authorized representatives regarding loan closing documentation and loan requirements.
- Obtaining and reviewing all necessary loan closing documentation, ensuring proper execution and recording.
- Using Microsoft Office software or other computer applications such as mainframe database software to do research and perform a wide variety of other functions.
- Salary is non-negotiable; however additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee’s residence or work location.
- By applying for this position with SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is telework eligible as determined by agency policy. Employees’ primary residence will be their ONLY duty station and work location.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions Of Employment
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card.
- Favorable background investigation and credit check are required.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).
- Credit Score must be at least 500.
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below.
You must meet all qualification requirements at the time you submit your application.
You may qualify based on experience or education.
Experience: To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer or that experience will not be credited for meeting the specialized experience requirement.
GS-07: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-05 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Responding to a variety of customers calmly and effectively in high stress situations; AND
- Reviewing documents (such as legal, loan closing, banking, contracts, insurance, etc.) for compliance with applicable standards and guidelines.
In addition to the above specialized experience for the GS-7 level, applicants must indicate proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office programs, such as Word and Excel on their resume.
If qualifying based on education, you must submit transcripts to be eligible.
GS-07: Bachelor’s degree with GPA of 3.0 or better (Superior Academic Achievement) OR have at least one (1) year of graduate education, in any major or field from an accredited college or university (see explanation below):
Superior Academic Achievement is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership.1. Class standing – Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, based on completed courses.2. Grade-point average – Applicants must have a grade-point average of: 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed bases on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final two years of the curriculum; OR 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.3. Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society.
If you work or are expected to work at least 90 consecutive days and 130 hours per month, you will become eligible for health insurance benefits only.
How You Will Be Evaluated
Applications will be reviewed for qualifications. You will be contacted directly if selected.