Regenstrief Institute is looking for a dynamic individual to join our facilities team as a Maintenance Technician for our award winning building. This position provides daily coordination of safe and efficient use of the building and equipment to ensure the facility and all common areas are maintained in the best possible condition. This position reports to the Manager, Facilities and is part of a seasoned facilities team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resolves facilities tickets in a first in, first out fashion while maintaining a consistent focus on priority issues and projects such as furniture moves, Work station reconfigurations, painting and/or cleaning, maintenance and repair, distribution of office supplies, event/meeting set-up and other projects as assigned
- Ensures proper functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/safety, telecom, security and environmental control systems.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety, including handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste disposal. At all times, maintains and wears all required personal protective equipment.
- Schedules and conduct periodic safety system drills to ensure all employees are prepared in the case of a health or safety emergency.
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responding to building emergencies.
- Responds in a timely and effective manner, verbally and in writing, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- Makes decisions regarding work tasks or processes.
- Seeks approval before making higher-level decisions such as budget and policy issues.
- Uses creative thinking to achieve goals and improve processes.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service training as required.
- Performs all tasks to company standards without direct supervision
- Takes initiative to recognize and complete additional relevant work without direct supervision.
- Seeks input and feedback from team members to improve area of responsibility.
- Provides feedback for team members to improve department processes or functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Two-year degree or technical certification preferred (i.e. HVAC or Electrical or Plumbing).
- A minimum of three years of Facilities experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Experience supporting an office environment providing Facilities services
- A background in Customer Service is a plus
- Work history of punctuality and reliability are critical in this role
- Ability to show critical thinking and troubleshooting and exercise sound judgment.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to prioritize and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with hands-on electrical and/or mechanical skills. Direct knowledge of HVAC and lighting systems highly preferred.
- Requires ability to operate hand tools
- Excellent communication and follow-through.
Related expectations include:
- Is familiar with advanced concepts, practices, and procedures in:
- Office and administration procedures
- Standard office equipment software applications
- Arranging and coordinating meetings and agendas
- Data privacy practices and laws
- Performs multiple complicated tasks in a timely manner