The Mista Pat Project is a 501c3 nonprofit dedicated to inspiring young children to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). We are creating an educational YouTube show for school aged children that highlights the latest in innovation and the amazing people and companies behind it.
We are looking for a Motion Graphics Designer intern to help design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables
- You will report directly to the Video Production Coordinator
- This is an unpaid internship.
- The Internship is 10 weeks long
- Approx. 15 work hours a week
- Academic credit if desired
- Please submit a cover letter stating how you would be a great asset to the team.
- A resume is not required at this time.
- This internship position will be REMOTE due to Covid-19 limitations.
- Please visit our website at mistapat.org for more information about our organization
- Strong understanding of graphic design software: Cinema 4D, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you’re willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of sound design for motion graphics
- Strong design and typography skills
- A strong collaborative spirit and ability to work and communicate effectively with varying personalities.
Motion Graphic Designer Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic project.
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives.
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colors, animation, etc for graphic design.
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Research and analyze best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics.
- Assist in designing and creating storyboards.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.