National Office Local Support Intern – Program Materials & Event Planning
The LLS Support Intern completes a project that helps the local office, market, region, or department build capacity. All projects are completed with support and assistance of the intern’s volunteer manager. Suggested projects include the following:
- Grant Application. The intern identifies the grant requirements. The intern collects needed information. The intern writes the grant proposal.
- The intern collects the needed information for a report. The intern writes and formats the report.
- Program Materials. The interns assists a specific campaign or office with development of new materials. Could potentially include translating existing materials into another language.
The volunteer manager for this position will provide details regarding the specific project this intern will complete
LS Volunteer Manager
- Madeleine Hamingson
Apply by going to www.volunteerLLS.org and clicking “Get Started.” Enter your zip and then select the “National Office Local Support Intern-Event Planning or National Office Local Support Intern-Program Materials.”
- This is a 16 week internship for January-May 2022. It is a virtual position. The internship is within the Innovation department and will support collegiate expansion. Tasks may include outreach to LLS supporters and volunteers, developing a networking space and planning a virtual event.
- Volunteer should possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Enrolled in an accredited university/college program for which the student is required to complete and internship
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (exceptions will be considered with justification)
- At least 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self Directed
- Willingness and ability to attend events outside standard work hours (9-5 M-F) as appropriate for the project.
At The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), we’re passionate about our mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. LLS volunteers help carry out this mission in so many ways: supporting patients, family members, healthcare professionals, and our community, driving policy advocacy, participating in our campaigns, and helping LLS build much needed capacity.
All LLS volunteers agree to use our volunteer management platform to report service hours, receive email and other communication, access tools, receive LLS updates and use other features relevant to my volunteer role.