EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VETERANS/DISABLED
SUMMARY: Learn and gain an understanding of construction means and methods and management skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Track and report daily quantities for labor and materials.
Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors.
Enforce quality control and expediting subcontractors.
Coordinate inspections with consultants.
Review shop drawings and submittals for conformance with contract.
Ensure construction work complies with plans and specifications.
Update submittal and RFI logs.
Track vendor and subcontractor progress.
Project document control.
Prepare daily reports.
Maintain project job costing.
Update project schedule.
- Communications: ability to produce clear status reports, writes clearly, communicates tactfully and candidly, exhibits clear verbal skills and an excellent listener.
- Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Able to resolve difficult or complicated challenges.
- Attention to Detail: Diligently attends to detail and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks. Checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Time Management: ability to manage competing priorities effectively, to be resourceful and to use time as a resource.
- Environmental, Health and Safety Management: Understand and know how to comply with all regulations; implement a positive attitude toward health and safety in the design and execution of the project; ensure safe deliverables and incorporate sustainable development practices
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Upper division student from four-year college or university in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Language Ability: strong written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
- Reasoning Ability: ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: to perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of and experience with Excel.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 25-50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.