Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January or February 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Palo Alto, CA
- Fremont, CA
About Program Management in Vehicle Engineering
Program managers enable the company to deliver customer value by setting the right priorities in an environment with many competing priorities, executing and delivering on committed products, product revisions, features, fixes, and releases on-time. They enable the design and test teams to succeed and be efficient by resolving cross-team dependencies, raising the bar on cost, quality, and scalability, advocating for our customers, and identifying risks and holes. Program managers are explicitly outside the firmware/software, hardware engineering, and system test organizations so that they can be independent, cross-team, hold teams accountable and identify problems as they see them.
What to Expect
Qualified applicants may be reviewed by one or more of the following teams:
- Battery Engineering
- Battery Module Engineering
- Battery Structures Engineering
- Body Structures Engineering
- Chassis Engineering
- Closures Engineering
- Drive Unit Design
- Drive Systems Structures
- Homologation Engineering
- Lighting Engineering
- Power Electronics
- Thermal Engineering
- Technology Programs
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, or related degree.
- Proven success as a leader.
- Systems level thinker with evidence of driving product design optimization across products, disciplines and teams.
- A detail-oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills.
- Solid grasp on engineering fundamentals, such as thermal dynamics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, mechanics and electronics.
- Experience solving open-ended engineering problems.
- Motivated, active collaborator.
- Proven interest in Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy, through extracurricular activities, academic projects, passion projects, or equivalent experiences.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).