Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January or February 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Palo Alto, CA
- Fremont, CA
- Sparks, NV
About Battery Engineering at Tesla
Tesla is seeking highly motivated engineering students who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to apply mechanical concepts to real world projects. Interns on the battery team work directly with full time engineers to design, prototype, test and launch new parts and processes to improve our batteries. Our projects include high voltage conductors, advanced cooling systems, cell interfaces, and battery enclosures. Every day we push the boundaries of what is possible for energy storage, both in vehicles and on the grid.
What to Expect
Qualified applicants may be reviewed by one or more of the following teams:
- Battery Structures Engineering
- Battery Engineering Materials
- Battery Module Engineering
- Battery Pack Design
- Battery Modeling
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechatronics, or related field.
- Proficiency in 3D computer aided design software such as NX, Fusion360, SolidWorks or CATIA.
- Proven interest in hands on engineering, through project teams, academic projects, passion projects, or equivalent experiences.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, such as statics, dynamics, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and material properties.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Genuine curiosity and willingness to understand how our products are designed, built and how they operate.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).