WATN, TEGNA’s ABC station in Memphis, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and understands what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. This person will have an audience-first approach to produce and distribute WATN’s editorial content across all WATN digital, mobile, streaming and social media platforms.
WATN’s Digital Content Producers are leaders in the newsroom who are responsible for quality content and audience experience. They seek out content through social listening, being plugged into the community, pitching stories and writing original content for our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time. They work as part of the larger content team to break news and tell great stories on all platforms.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or working toward it– all majors
- Produce audience-first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
- Produce, shoot, edit platform-specific videos for WATN digital products, such as Instagram and YouTube.
- Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Social listening: monitor social chatter and track trending stories via Newsroom, CrowdTangle, Google Trends and our social platforms. Report findings to newsroom.
- Urgently and aggressively report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills)
- Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, push notifications and application of advanced social media skills.
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening.
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions.
- Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content.
- Implement best practices on WATN digital and social platforms.
- Ensure newsroom upholds journalistic integrity and the WATN brand across platforms.