Sedona Sky Academy is a specialized school exclusively for struggling girls. Sedona Sky is unique by offering the best of therapeutic boarding schools (warm environment, strong academics) and residential treatment centers (clinical sophistication, high staff to student ratios).
Sedona Sky Academy is a safe place of healing, hope, and trust where young women heal and family relationships are restored. Families trust our experienced, exemplary staff and rely on the clinically sophisticated therapy we offer. Because we’re specialized in trauma, anxiety, and depression-related symptoms specifically for girls, we produce better outcomes than other more generalized residential treatment centers for girls.
The Residential Counselors Supervise students and implements therapeutic environment milieu; Serves as a positive role model; participates in activities; group sessions; conducts milieu groups participates in off and on-campus recreational activities; supervises food preparation and cooking by students; attend professional staffing and meetings.
Other job duties include:
- Supervises and ensures the safety and containment of each student.
- Reports immediately to management any serious incidents, i.e. runaways, injuries, self-harm, etc.
- Staff may at times be called in to assist with managing critical incidents and offer support to the campus.
- Responsible for supervision of students including head counts and routine checks on assigned students.
- Supervises and participates in program activities, outings, recreation and student chores.
- Understand and consistently employ behavior management as trained and instructed.
- Under the supervision of a Licensed Therapist and Program Manager, conducts groups and student trainings.
- Assists and encourages students in class and the completion of class assignments.
- Participates in training and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Understands and enforces standards as identified in the student handbook.
- Abides by and role models expectations identified in the staff handbook and manual.
- Ensures unit and student cleanliness. Follow up on students assigned chores and expectations from the student handbook.
- Under the supervision of the Nurse or Medical consultant and after training, administers medication as Prescribed.
- Attends other duties as assigned and assures that proper food handling techniques are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Level of Supervision
- Supervises all activities, chores and routines.
- Engages with students at all times.
- Supervises and knows where all the students under their supervision are at all times.