Human Resource Coordinator
ABOUT SEATTLE WEB SEARCH: Seattle Web Search helps businesses grow by creating high-quality websites and effective internet marketing strategies through the use of Web, Search, Social, Email, Content and more. We analyze a business’s online presence and marketing, identify opportunities, and create a strategy that drives growth and revenue. We find what makes a business unique, and then we plan, design and market a website that tells its story. To put it simply, Seattle Web Search de-mystifies SEO and online marketing to help business owners reach their goals and improve their business effectively.
ABOUT THIS POSITION: This is a part-time, virtual intern position assisting with the development and administration of various Human Resource tasks. Your main responsibilities will be to work directly with our new hire and with the rest of our team to continue to make Seattle Web Search a great place to work. If you have an interest in Human Resources and are passionate about helping and working with people on a constant basis, we want to hear from you!
Location: Our internships are virtual. Work from home or anywhere else that is convenient for you. We offer internships year-round, with flexible hours and an upbeat work environment!
Time Commitment: Approximately 10 hours a week for 20 weeks (200 hours)
Compensation: Please note: This is an unpaid internship, but the experience is priceless! However, we provide letters of recommendation and the opportunity to network.
- On-boarding: Reaching out and coordinating with new interns to get them familiarized with the company
- Conducting new intern orientation, reviews, and weekly check-in meetings
- Facilitating human resources processes and paperwork
- Contributing to the development of our teams
- Mentoring and training interns
- Editing and updating training materials
- Participating in weekly team meetings and other meetings as appropriate
- Track the interns’ activities and report them on our Time Reports File and send them out to the Supervisor
Ideal Candidate: This is a learning environment; we don’t expect you to know everything! Applicants with prior related educational and/or work experience are preferred, but we will train the right person who is enthusiastic, dedicated, and willing to learn.
Students and non-students of any age (over 18) and those transitioning into (or building upon) a writing, marketing, sales, and/or business development career are welcome to apply.
- An interest in the field of Human Resources
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, dependable, driven, outgoing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable to changes in projects and priorities
- Comfort and proficiency with email, the Internet, and learning user-friendly software
- Able to multi-task and work independently
- Punctual, and able to attend Skype meetings once or twice a week (we will work with your schedule)
Equipment: Internet connection, your own computer, Skype, and phone.
Benefits: Successful interns will receive a top-notch letter of recommendation. In addition, we will gladly help you arrange for academic credit.