Location: Fremont, CA, US
About our group:
Our team consists of a number of multi-disciplined Engineers from Mechatronics, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical and Controls backgrounds. Safety is our top priority, Respect for oneself and respect for others the next top priorities. We Design, Develop and Deploy novel solutions to meet requirements from our Process Development partners and Invention can be a daily opportunity. We participate in all Fremont site activities from daily operations meetings to special event support, including working on community events such as the annual Building Bikes for Kids, and Rebuilding Together. We have a well-seasoned, experienced team and we enjoy the challenging opportunities available to us.
About the role – you will:
● Perform a variety of engineering service functions associated with the R&D media pilot line and supporting labs
● Perform service functions that may include tasks associated with process improvement, supply chain management, statistical analysis, quality control, using tools such as flow-charting, value-stream mapping, error proofing, design and drafting support, document control or similar engineering support activities
● Conduct experiments, collect data, and analyze experimental data while under the guidance of a Senior Engineer
● Present presentations to engineering leadership after the completion of experiments
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
● You are an engineering undergrad student seeking an exciting opportunity for summer 2022
● Excited to get involved with the Recording Media Operations (RMO) Equipment team and learn more about new manufacturing concepts and process development
● Will be entering either Junior or Senior year Fall 2022
● Proficient with SolidWorks and Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Prefer hands-on experience with process planning and analysis associated with the manufacture of a product, familiar with industrial safety standards of conduct.
● Critical thinking, able to determine appropriate engineering methods, techniques, and procedures for new assignments.
Location: Fremont, CA
Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art clean room and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community.
Location: Fremont, USA, Research Center
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.