Location: Bloomington, MN, US
About our group:
Seagate’s Engineering Services group is looking for an exceptional Technician Intern to learn maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of semiconductor equipment in a Wafer fabrication clean room environment. This Technician will report to the Senior Supervisor of the Wafer Equipment Engineering Services at the Seagate R&D site in Bloomington, MN.
About the role – you will:
- Learn how to maintain, troubleshoot and repair Photolithography/Plating/Test/ Vacuum equipment in a Wafer fabrication environment
- Display ability to troubleshooting electronic circuits (read schematics), PLC’s, and robotics
- Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot equipment in a manner that meets company standards and ensures minimum equipment downtime
- Understand and maintain preventive maintenance programs and procedures as directed
- Works on assignments requiring judgment and initiative. Understands the implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
- Working towards a 2 year Vocational, 2 year Technical Certificate, or a 2 Year AAS Technical Degree in an Electronics / Robotics Program
- Ability to work part time or full time during the school year
- Ability to work in a cleanroom environment
- Strong PC Skills
Our Normandale campus spans two suburbs, Edina and Bloomington, and serves as the Recording Head development and manufacturing arm of Seagate. Located in the heart of a bustling community, Seagate offers an on-site café, or if you prefer, you can drive to one of many restaurants just minutes away. Need to grab a gift over lunchtime? Shopping is abundant in the area. If working out is your thing, the on-site fully equipped fitness center hosts wellness programs, outdoor activities, tournaments and group workouts. Looking for something more laid back? Reset in one of our meditation rooms, or simply take a walk around our indoor walking path. On-site cultural festivals, celebrations and community volunteer opportunities also abound.
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.