Location: Fremont, CA, US
About our group:
You will be working in the HAMR Media Process Development & Product Integration group at Seagate’s Fremont Research Center where we develop leading edge recording media technology for future hard disk drives from theoretical concept through technology development to product maturity. The team works closely with other departments such as equipment engineering and magnetic and recording test and characterization.
About the role – you will:
● Work closely with the process team to fabricate and characterize novel media structures for Heat Assisted Magnetic Recording.
● Learn and apply magnetic, thermal and structural characterization techniques.
● Use modern data analysis tools to compare measurements with modeling results to understand the underlying media Physics.
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
● Currently pursuing a Masters or PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Materials Science or a related field.
● Available summer 2022 starting in May or June and returning to school in the fall.
● Solid understanding of and hands-on experience with thin film deposition tools, and a broad range of magnetic, thermals and structural characterization techniques preferred.
● Proficient data analysis skills with JMP, Origin, IGOR, MatLab or similar software tools.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a creative environment
Location: Fremont, CA
Our Gold LEED-certified Fremont product-design campus drives innovation, bringing together a diverse set of engineering, design, operations, support and administrative teams. The site is equipped with state-of-the-art clean room and lab space. On-site social activities are popular, including our annual BBQ, ice cream social, and holiday events. Wellness programs, gaming rooms and the on-site fitness center help round out and balance your Seagate work-life experience, along with opportunities to give back to our local community.
Location: Fremont, USA, Research Center
Other Important information:
United States Only – Seagate believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and maintain a safer workplace. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of Seagate. This requirement applies to all employees and locations in the United States including those employees working remotely, consistent with the requirements under Executive Order 14042 for federal contractors/sub-contractors. Seagate will consider exceptions to this policy for medical or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Seagate’s EEO Statement – Seagate provides an environment where equal opportunity is available to all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (which includes pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, perceived or actual religious creed or political opinion, military and veteran status, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, taking or requesting a reasonable accommodation for a protected basis, or other basis protected by applicable law. Company-sponsored training, education, degree assistance, and social and recreational programs are also included. EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Supplement Poster, & OFCCP Pay Transparency Provision Information.