The Process Excellence (PE) intern will help drive improvements and efficiencies in the plant operations at our facility in Logan, UT.
What you’ll do:
- Support PE continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain frequent, detailed and effective communication with PE Team, Plant Partners and Plant Leadership.
- Provide support on 5S, Standard Work, Centerline, Poke Yoke, Waste (Muda) Reduction, etc.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams, for example maintenance, production and quality.
- Partner with PE Team to realize initiatives to support continuous improvement
- Understand, troubleshoot, and perfect the use of process excellence tools
- Independently analyze reports, identify trends and implement process improvements.
What you will need to succeed:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’ in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering or a related field
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during the 2022 summer
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and complete them
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Ability and desire to work within a plant manufacturing setting
- Ability to multi-task
- Reliable transportation
Qualifying Positions Offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program