Work with Operations, Engineering, IS, Plant Maintenance, Process Engineers, and contractors to understand the operations plant floor systems including SCADA/PLC/MES. Understand the needs of the users, and implement program changes to meet those needs. Responsible for the overall programming on the operations plant floor systems. Support multiple projects across various plants and locations. This is a summer 2022 internship, 40 hours/week located at our plant in Carthage, MO.
- Establishing design standards for new equipment
- Creating electrical drawings
- Evaluating alternatives to choose the best solution
- Directing install contractors
- Conducting/Assisting with factory acceptance or laboratory tests
- Overseeing/Assisting with equipment installation
- Developing and troubleshooting programming with Rockwell Automation PLCs
- Developing and troubleshooting HMI Touchscreen and data historian applications
We’re looking for individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments.
Successful candidates will have:
- Completed Junior-level status or higher toward a BS degree in an Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technologies or Information Technologies program
- Able to work 40 hours/week during the Summer of 2022
- Maintained a GPA of 2.75 of higher
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to work well with Plant Partners, Home Office Partners, as well as Partners in other departments
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and complete them
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges/opportunities
- Drafting using AutoCAD
- PLC programming on Rockwell platforms
- Operator Interface programming on Rockwell platforms
- Technical writing/research skills
Qualifying Positions Offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program