Healthcare Technology Innovation Lab Intern
The Healthcare Technology Innovation Lab Intern will work under supervision of the Sensor Lab Coordinator – Gustavo Almeida – along with University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) personnel, strategic plan leaders Associate Professor Winslow Burleson and Professor Jennifer Barton in the support of a new Healthcare Technology Innovation Lab, with flexible spaces configured for a variety of projects, including XR studies, wearable sensor development, closed-loop sensing studies, and group dynamics studies.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the mentoring of the Laboratory Coordinator and the team, this student will:
– Create/update existing code to implement the sensor interfaces and data analysis pipeline platform
– Conduct sensor testing and integration under supervision
– Update/Maintain the SensorLab website
– Support the evaluation of new sensors, software and devices
– Work in collaboration with the team and independently to create code to extract and analyze data coming from participants interactions with the target applications, including extraction of features of interest (affective, cognitive, and social)
– Maintain code repository using version control systems
– Participating in one-on-one with the Laboratory Coordinator as well as project meetings with other participants
Current undergraduate student at the University of Arizona.
– Experience in Content Management Systems/HTML
– Knowledge and/or Interest in Sensors.
– Understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP stack – and TCP/UDP socket programming)