This position contributes to SAAVI Services for the Blind’s mission to cultivate growth and opportunity for blind people through nonvisual skills training; gaining the knowledge that all challenges have solutions, and fostering self-efficacy, empowerment and confidence. This means that all hold a positive philosophy of blindness, and all contribute to the success of each student.
Supervisor: Jordan Moon
Location: Tucson, Yuma, or Phoenix
Supervisory Position: No
Job Type: Paid internship
Job Start: Spring 2022
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work collaboratively in a team to support student and agency success
- Demonstrate respect and inclusion for all
- Adhere to all timelines or develop reasonable alternate plans for accomplishing job tasks
- Positively represent SAAVI in professional development and special functions as needed
- Contribute to and create SAAVI social media posts and content
- Write features for SAAVI’s Newsline channel and various newsletters
- Utilize social media to assist with and create PR campaigns/ongoing social media strategies
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to demonstrate a positive philosophy of blindness and a history of inclusive practices.
- Excellent communication and the ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence,
- Experience advocating for individuals and encouraging self-advocacy
- Ability to communicate, promote and work within a team environment.
- Ability to initiate and complete job duties with strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in digital communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field
- Experience using major social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, TikTok)
Conditions of employment:
- Must demonstrate a positive philosophy of blindness
- Must complete internal blindness immersion training
- Must pass a Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) background check
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the staff assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff. All staff may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Description Acknowledgement: I have read this job description and understand the key responsibilities and duties that I will be held accountable for while in this position.