The Newbuild Specialist will support the Newbuilding & Innovation Department with the execution of various programs, projects and processes. The Specialist scope of work may be related to a new build, revitalization, refurbishment, and land based project, special project, general office management support or other type of strategic or tactical projects. This position will support and sustain a partnership between the department¿s clients (cruise brands, partnerships, etc) and Newbuilding by consulting with various internal clients (shore side and shipboard) to gather, organize, and present critical information to ensure successful program delivery. This position will also develop strong relationships with external partners ¿ vendors, consultants, & partners ¿ and help to coordinate meetings, events and presentations.
The Newbuild Specialist will be responsible for communication and strategic alignment between segments of the entire global corporation achieve program targets and timelines by driving processes, initiatives, facilitating information, planning / preparing meetings, administering project tools (e.g. action logs, project plans) and developing executive presentations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains a strong partnership with the entire global corporation, for example: operations, marketing & newbuilding to ensure that all entities are informed and aligned.
2. Project & task coordination and support to the development, tracking/monitoring and reporting of several small to medium size presentations and meetings from inception to completion, ensuring on-time delivery of requested outputs.
3. Develops and/or coordinates executive level presentations by working with stakeholders and clients at various levels within the corporation.
4. Coordinates the preparation of periodic or recurring meetings and charrettes (i.e. reproduction of materials, coordination of meeting location, creating agenda, and personnel) and establishes the required technical environment for said meetings (i.e. projectors, conference call connectivity, etc.). Catering for each event is also part of core duties.
5. Develops a strong knowledge of all tools and resources used by the department; including, but not limited to: video conference, conference calls, conference room technology, tablets & computers, document sharing, etc. Helps to teach others to use these tools; as well as, uses knowledge to set up meetings & events.
6. Strong understanding of the operations and utilization of the Innovation Lab in Miami. Supports the operations by setting up events in the building, serving as a host for specific events; and guides users within the building.
7. Includes general office management for the department such as supplies, catering, cleaning & maintenance of overall department workspaces.
8. Organizes and maintains all project schedules as related to executive meetings, team meetings, events, workshops, etc. Maintains and updates project tools and reports (e.g. spreadsheets, project plans, action logs, reports, resource matrices, etc.)
9. Takes meeting minutes and organizes into action items and deliverables. Helps to update and maintain project/program action logs. Periodic follow up with assigned action item owners to assess current status and follow through to closure.
10. Includes vendor & external client management to coordinate any activities that would occur on RCCL property. May include requesting approval of their visit; meet & greets when clients arrive and providing access to restricted areas of the department.
11. Supports Newbuilding Department in planning, organization, and control activities related to requests for proposals, service agreements, confidentiality contracts, and other consultant agreements.
12. Projects assigned are typically top priority, high profile, and multi-departmental initiatives for the organization and thus require continuous communication and interaction with the Managers & above across the corporation.
13. Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Supports creation and management of small size project budgets with oversight by Managers for projects under their supervision. Solid understanding of accounting rules for expense and capital activities.
¿ Bachelor¿s degree in Business or similar field preferred.
¿ Cruise industry experience is desired but not required.
¿ Experience: 1-2 years within a large corporation or consulting firm with 1-3 years in an office administration environment is required.
¿ Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
¿ Solid written and verbal communication skills a must. Clear and precise communication at all levels of the organization essential.
¿ Knowledge of effective communication for providing customer and personal service to internal and external groups, such as shipyards, vendors, customers, Revenue Management, Marketing, Groups/Sales, Corporate Communications, Operations, Safety, Security, Medical & Public Health and international site offices.
¿ Excellent interpersonal skills, strength in communicating in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management.
¿ Ability to apply analytical, financial, conceptual and strategic thinking to objectives, proposals and performance.
¿ Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
¿ Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
¿ Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts, procedures, financial reports, legal documents, and government regulations.
¿ Intermediate Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Familiarity with email and internet applications.
¿ Excellent administrative, organizational and presentation skills.
¿ Ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, co-workers, customers, vendors, shoreside and shipboard employees.