Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars. Check out our latest YouTube video here!
The Business Development team at Relativity Space is responsible for acquiring our industry-leading customers and for managing our customer agreements through completion. This team constantly works to identify new business opportunities for Relativity. Unique to Relativity’s fast-paced startup environment, this team is given the opportunity to work across many teams to help grow and champion Relativity’s mission and vision, as we work towards building humanity’s multiplanetary future!
What you’ll do:
As a Mission Management intern you will help provide the interface between Relativity and our customers, and ensure execution of the terms and conditions of our customer contracts. A high degree of autonomy and attention to detail is required.
Summer 2021 intern projects (just a few examples!)
- Tested flight quick disconnects
- Implemented computer vision on the robots to implemented live depth data
- Worked on adding automated sanding/grinding capabilities to our print cells
- Worked on test stand infrastructure to help run tests more often and more efficiently
- Oversaw designing the PCB for the High Voltage Battery Management System (HVBMS)
- Helped set up an anomaly detection framework for stargate printers
- Printed rocket engine parts!
Skills/Competencies we’re looking for:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student working towards a degree in Engineering or related field
- Strong interest in launch vehicle systems, payload systems.
- Familiarity with orbit types, orbit maneuvers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.