Psomas is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm specializing in engineering, construction management, environment, surveying and geospatial. We’re 600 employees strong with a rich 75-year legacy, and we’re expanding our footprint for exciting growth — which means plenty of opportunity and the added values of agility and flexibility that you can only get with a midsize firm.
Use your talents and passions to improve the environment for all humankind. We believe that Psomas is more than a company — it’s a place where each person becomes part of a team and has the opportunity to work on projects that make a difference. Psomas is a place where you can build a career — from your first job through retirement and all stages in between. We foster collaboration, teamwork, and professional development at every level.
As a Civil Engineering Designer / Civil Engineer In Training, supporting our Site Development Engineering Team in our Roseville, CA office, you’ll utilize your expertise to contribute work performed on Site Development projects while working in a team-oriented setting and interacting with clients.
- Providing necessary design, coordination and follow up on work to ensure quality standards are met, efficiency levels are maintained, as well as, client satisfaction
- Using Civil 3D software for design
- Demonstrating an organized work approach and willingness to ask questions
- Organizing and executing technical quality in a broad range of project assignments
- Supporting project work in local site development and infrastructure which includes public and private sector projects involving grading, wet utilities, hydrology, hydraulics, stormwater management, and street design
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Civil Engineering Design
- EIT Certification
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt with changing priorities
- Self-motivated to work on individual tasks and in a team environment
- Must be able to communicate with verbal and written clarity
- Prior experience in site development engineering projects
With a people-first philosophy, we continue to embrace initiatives for a forward-thinking, modern day workplace. From bright, flexible office spaces to diversity and inclusion efforts, Psomas is a company that leads with intention and embodies a set of core values. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Strong pay + bonus programs
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision (through Kaiser, Cigna and VSP) + FSA, Life Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability
- Psomas Pshares retirement + 401(k) plans
- Hybrid + flexible work schedules
- Work + life balance with paid holidays + PTO
- Mentoring, tuition reimbursement + career development
- Psomas perk events, activities, celebrations, swag + more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.