Are you looking for the best summer job ever? Look no further because Morry’s Camp is hiring counselors. We are looking for staff who can work tentatively from mid June to mid August 2022 on site on our Glen Spey, NY campus.
Morry’s Camp is a residential, coed, nonprofit camp for ages 9-17 located in Glen Spey, NY, which is about 1.5 hours from New York City and Connecticut. The camp’s 950-acres includes a lake, a large playing field, swimming pool, hiking trails, basketball courts, adventure course, fine arts pavilion, tree house, music studio, fully-stocked library, computer labs, educational clubhouse, and much more. Counselors live, eat, play, dance, sing, and supervise campers throughout the summer.
Morry’s Camp is the summer portion of a year-round educational program with Project Morry. We believe that all children, regardless of economic status, should experience the life-changing gift of summer camp. We are looking for counselors who are responsible and reliable and have the desire to make a difference in the life of a child. To be a counselor, you must possess the following qualities: patience, fairness, playfulness, willingness to participate, compassion, and great listening skills. This experience can also count as credit for university courses.
Camp counselors can have a profound impact on the campers they lead and the skills you gain from working at camp will carry over into any career you have, whether it’s directly related to children or not. This will be one of the most rewarding experiences you’ll ever have!
Specific positions that we are looking for are as follows:
· Kid Specialist/General Counselor: Kids Specialists are assigned to our middle school and high school campers, respectfully. Their job is to accompany their group throughout the day and participate in the various activities with the campers. These people are leaders, helpers, guiders, listeners and above all, the role models for that group.
– Unit Leader: Unit Leaders are responsible for two separate groups and staff on a daily basis, making sure the systems that we have put in place for the safety and wellbeing of everyone are being utilized. Upholding group morale and camp culture is also an important part of the Unit Leader’s role.
– Group Leader: This is an essential leadership position at Morry’s Camp with the responsibility of supervising a group of campers (usually 10-15) as well as a staff team of 3-6.
· Lifeguards – We are looking for strong swimmers who are confident they can pass a lifeguard course. We offer full certification during our Orientation training so no previous certification is required.
· Athletics (must include soccer and teaching experience is a plus)
· Adventure/Trek – Experience with camping, overnight trips, low ropes, hiking, CPR and First Aid, wilderness safety, and a love of the outdoors and children!
· Social Justice
· Nurses/Medical Student
*Please check out our website for more information. If this opportunity sounds like something you are really excited about, we also invite you to fill out an application. Thank you!