A PPL Intern is a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, who is offered a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study. This program often helps students determine career interests. Beyond the scope of the actual tasks performed, the student becomes familiar with a corporate environment and gains practical skills and knowledge to supplement their classroom experience.
Joining PPL as a UX design/research intern provides you with the opportunity to explore possible career opportunities within UX Research, UX Design, Visual Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, and UI Design. As well as:
· Meeting senior executives
· Becoming members of business resource groups
· Participating in community service projects
· Contributing to departmental goals.
PPL Electric Utilities Information Technology organization is seeking a student to work full time (40 hours/week) during summer 2022, in Allentown, Pennsylvania to assist us in our digital transformation.
If you are pursuing creative design career and you have a passion to design digital product experiences by creating workflows, product maps, wireframes, visual design, icons, data visualization, gestural and interaction design, and prototypes (non-functional) and/or designing materials for research studies, such as screeners, protocols, guidelines, etc., you might want to apply.
The PPL Electric Utilities IT design intern will actively work to design and shape great user experiences in our digital transformation efforts.
The things you may learn about and do day to day include:
· Workflow/Product mapping
· Journey Mapping
· Interaction Design
· Motion/Gestural Design
· Icon/Indicator Design/Visual Design
· Prototyping (Non-Functional)
· Research studies
· UX/UI Reports/Guidelines/Standards
· Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate or master’s degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Product/Industrial Design, HCI (Human Computer Interaction), Digital/Web Design, Cognitive Science or Psychology, or related field.
· Will graduate from their academic program within 12 months of internship completion.
· Have an acceptable overall grade point average, not lower than a 3.0.
· Eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) regulations.
· Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
· Able to work in a team environment.
· Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities.
The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work.