PING is currently searching for students who have a combined passion for Engineering, Science, and the game of golf. Current opportunities exist to join our Engineering team in 2022 for both summer and co-op internships.
High level job duties include supporting the Engineering team in their ongoing quest to Research, Design, Test, and Manufacture the highest performing golf products in the world. Minimum qualifications include 2-years of accredited Engineer or Science coursework combined with general experience in and knowledge of golf. Specific departments seeking internship support along with the primary skills required for each are listed below:
- Design Engineering (summer) – Assist in the development of future club designs. Relevant skills: CAD proficiency (Creo preferred), test design, data analysis
- Fitting Science – (co-op or summer) computer science / mathematics for data organization and analysis
- Engineering Knowledge Environment (co-op or summer) – programming / data visualization / database experience / familiarity with Microsoft tools
- Project Engineering (co-op or summer) – Assist with product qualification efforts
(testing, optimization and verification). Relevant skills: basic project management, data analysis, communication and organization.
- Analysis & Testing (co-op or summer) – Development of new software applications and analysis tools. Relevant skills: .NET framework, R, Python, SQL, data analysis.
- Golf Science (co-op or summer) – Assist in developing and extracting insights from computational/analytic models, large data sets, and experiments which would drive club research and design. An ideal candidate would have experience with R, Matlab, and/or Python and a strong background in Physics and Mathematics