Facilitates pre-hearing conferences in dependency cases and performs specific administrative tasks in support of professional court mediators in the Pima County Juvenile Court Dispute Resolution Program. Coordinates an assigned caseload involving knowledge of alternative dispute resolution processes, legal procedures, court hearings, rules of court, statutes, and legal documents for specific legal disputes.
- Exercises initiative and judgment supporting court mediators, making decisions regarding case-flow management of assigned cases scheduled for dispute resolution processes by effectively coordinating referrals and drafting relevant legal documents.
- Facilitates pre-hearing conferences pursuant to statutes, rules, policies, and best practices.
- Creates and maintains case files and records, inputs and retrieves relevant and accurate information from various sources.
- Prepares, drafts, processes, and finalizes legal documents for dispute resolution processes, including court orders, agreements, notices, outcome reports, and pre-hearing conference forms, as well as correspondence and memoranda using E-Docs, AGAVE, and word processing programs.
- Monitors and coordinates the court mediators’ calendars by entering data into an automated and manual division calendar from minute entries, court documents, and pleadings. Monitors and coordinates the court mediators’ administrative blocks in an automated and manual division calendar.
- Actively maintains all assigned case files to ensure legal requirements and deadlines are met.
- Maintains each case file with absolute confidentiality
- Performs research and case file reviews when necessary to respond to inquiries from parties, attorneys, management, and/or division staff regarding legal references, calendar events, status of services, and/or solving problems. Makes decisions regarding access to information in relation to the requests based on direction given, court policy, and statute authorization.
- May assist the court mediators in dispute resolution sessions and demonstrates sensitivity to diverse family dynamics.
- Coordinates attendance of language interpreters, as needed.
- Coordinates scheduling of conference rooms or courtrooms, as needed.
- Schedules, tracks, and enters outcomes of dispute resolution sessions, hearings, and trials for mediators and judicial divisions, and enters the dates into the court’s automated tracking system, AGAVE.
- Assists in developing and updating master files and forms.
- Assists members of the public who come into or call the Juvenile Court Resource Center, answering questions, providing requested documents, and providing information for community resources