Intern – Product Industrialization Engineer – Colorado Springs, CO – Summer 2022
Are you interested in an Intern opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing (or have recently completed) an undergraduate (BS) and/or graduate (MS) degree to participate in 3month paid intern opportunities at our site in Colorado Springs, CO. Through this role you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in engineering for a HealthTech company.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Put your college skills to the test and be a part of a strong Product Industrialization team. You will gain exposure to Philips internal manufacturing operations excellence with hands on experience in different areas of engineering, manufacturing, and production. You will be a part of the Philips manufacturing center of excellence within Colorado Springs, CO, and with that you will be able to gain valuable skills and industry knowledge that will provide you with a well-rounded perspective in your career moving forward.
You are responsible for:
- Assist in developing innovative processes, concepts, and design approaches for existing as well as new products and processes
- Undertake basic project development tasks such as writing and verifying specifications, maintaining process and product documentation, testing and validating new processes, equipment, and product prototypes.
- Help identify, improve, and solve problems linked to existing and new manufacturing processes and equipment
- Create process experimentation, obtain data for analysis, and making data driven decisions among teammates to better the project, and drive changes for the long term of the business.
- Assist in acquiring and implementing new processes/technologies to support both production and R&D
- Assist in the continuous improvement of quality, delivery, and cost through effective use of lean manufacturing principles
- Document, report, and present learnings to management and site leaders on development work.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; preferably Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Biomedical
- Strong mechanical reasoning skills in identifying and solving problems, developing innovative solutions, acting decisively, and showing good judgement
- Successful record of accomplishment executing school and/or internship projects
- Previous internship experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Intermediate CAD proficiency (SolidWorks) preferred
- Intermediate proficiency using a statistics software (Minitab, MATLAB etc) preferred
- Some machine shop and laboratory experience preferred
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Colorado Springs, CO.
The salary range for this position is $22-24/hr.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran