PAR Electrical Contractors, Inc., based in Kansas City, Missouri (regional offices in Hubbard, OR and Laurel,MT) is a high-voltage construction company with projects underway across North America. PAR is a subsidiary of Quanta Services, Inc. (NYSE:PWR). PAR is the largest high-voltage union contractor in the US. We offer competitive salaries, 401(k)’s, a generous health plan, and challenging career opportunities with a financially solid company. PAR’s employees are the reason for the success of the company. Our reputation attracts the highest quality personnel, people who are committed to producing projects that set a standard for excellence. At PAR, we build the riskiest, most difficult, complex jobs we can find and we hire people who thrive on tough work and demanding opportunities.
- High level of involvement in the operations of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
- Participate in monthly forecasting revenue and costs accruals.
- Track on the job progress of company crews and subcontractors.
- Process and estimate change orders and Requests for Information as directed by Project Manager.
- Coordinate and schedule shop drawings and submittals.
- Maintain a complete and current record of submittals, approvals, and resubmittals, including a file of letters of transmittal and dates of each transaction.
- Process/manage material deliveries – ensure that materials received are properly inspected for quantity and quality and in compliance with Contract documents.
- Assist in managing subcontractor and material contracts.
- Assist in developing and updating project schedule.
- Work closely with field construction personnel (Superintendents, Foremen and Crews).
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business Administration (Accounting, Business Information Systems, Management or Finance), Construction Management or related field. Equivalent experience in a construction-related position will also be considered.
- Must be willing to travel. Project sites are located over a broad geographic area, so some travel may be required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Thorough attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Safety oriented.
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.