Description – External
Marketing Intern – Summer 2022
Are you able to convert technical information into a relatable story? Do you look to repurpose your writing for multiple audiences via multiple platforms (web, social, video, newsletter, webinar, product descriptions, etc.)? If you answered YES to both questions, this internship may be your ultimate role.
We are looking to hire a dedicated content writer to create meaningful messaging for both internal and external audiences.
The creative content writer will be constructing copy, both long and short-form, for several audiences. You must be able to work well on your own and as part of a team. In this role, you must know how to strike a balance between quality and quantity. To be successful, you should constantly strive to hone your skills and view any feedback session as a learning opportunity. An outstanding creative content writer should read widely and be comfortable sharing their work. You should also be able to follow both written and verbal briefs while meeting all deadlines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare material for assignments, which includes planning, outline, and synopsis
- Conduct in-depth research on industry-related topics to best develop original content
- Develop content for newsletter articles, product descriptions, social media, brochures, the company website and more
- Support the marketing team in developing content for campaigns
- Proofread content for errors and inconsistencies
- Edit and polish existing content to improve readability
- Create compelling headlines and body copy that will capture the attention of the target audience
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new content to address gaps in the company’s current content
Qualifications – External
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree in writing, communication, language, marketing, or similar.
- Creative writer with a keen eye for detail and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience; A portfolio of published articles.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Conduct thorough fact-checks before submitting any work
- Ensure the logical flow of all writing produced Effective communication skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- A growth mindset
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional project teams