HR Business Partner (Human Resource Analyst 3)
Salary: $5,294 – $7,814
Apply online: https://bit.ly/3BVMYtp
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, these positions will start off fully remote with a possibility of returning to a physical office in the future.
We are seeking an HR professional to join our management team at the Oregon Department of Education. If you enjoy being part of a collaborative team, building relationships and making a difference, then we want to hear from you!
Who We Are
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) oversees the education of over 560,000 students in Oregon’s public K-12 education system. ODE encompasses early learning, public preschool programs, the state School for the Deaf, regional programs for children with disabilities, and education programs in Oregon youth corrections facilities. While ODE isn’t in the classroom directly providing services, the agency (along with the State Board) – focuses on helping districts achieve both local and statewide goals and priorities through strategies such as:
● Developing policies and standards
● Providing accurate and timely data to inform instruction
● Training teachers on how to use data effectively
● Effectively administering numerous state and federal grants
● Sharing and helping districts implement best practices
Our mission: to foster equity and excellence for every learner through collaboration with educators, partners, and communities.
Our values: Integrity, Accountability, Excellence, and Equity
If you feel inspired and motivated by our mission and values, we invite you to join us!
What you will do!
As a HR Business Partner, you will provide a full range of professional employee relation recommendations, advice, and assistance to executives, managers, and employees.
A typical day may include:
- Supporting leadership and employees in the implementation in cross-cultural or multi-cultural organization diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives across the organization.
- Working with managers, employees and the union on employee relations issues, labor relations issues, performance management, and other needs.
- Providing coaching to managers and employees to enhance workforce engagement, development, retention and succession planning.
- Counseling management to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures, practices, and the collective bargaining agreement(s).
- Meeting with your assigned offices to strategize on business needs
- Conducting internal workplace investigations in regards to concerns brought forward, documenting reports and making recommendations for resolution.
At ODE, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Our office prides itself on creating an inclusive, collaborative and innovative atmosphere. Autonomy is supported while also being offered opportunities to work in dedicated teams or partnerships across the agency. Our office supports a healthy work/life balance and shows genuine care for team members, students, partners and school leaders. Our team members share and educate with passion for equitable practices and sustainable development for leaders across Oregon. We maintain a constant learning and growing mentality to strive for optimum innovation and consistently applied equity practices.
We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you’re driven by the passion to impact the lives of children and families statewide, the Oregon Department of Education is the place for you.
Helpful links and contact information:
Learn more about ODE
Help & Support webpage
Learn more about Oregon
For additional information you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Education is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce. The Department strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.