The Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA), a progressive water utility providing water, wastewater and reclaimed water services to the Towns of Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, is seeking a motivated individual to fill the position of Assistant Lake Warden. This position assists with the daily operational requirements needed to maintain the water supply, dam, equipment and facilities for Cane Creek Reservoir and University Lake.
Responsible for enforcing lake rules and renting recreational equipment to lake patrons (i.e., boats, motors, batteries, canoes, gear, etc.). Position performs light maintenance on buildings, docks, and mowing equipment. Responsible for protecting the watershed from trash disruption, documenting lake levels and weather readings, maintaining grounds, and performing custodial duties.
Candidates must have the ability to work outdoors in all kinds of weather. Weekend work is required between March and November which is the recreational season. Physical requirements include exerting 10 – 20 pounds constantly, up to 50 pounds frequently and walking/standing to a significant degree.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
OWASA provides excellent benefits to include:
· Membership in the NC Local Government Employees Retirement System
· Paid premiums for Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurances
· Assistance for Dependent Health, Dental and Vision premiums
· Employer contribution in 457 plan
· Employer contribution in Retirement Health Savings Account
· Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Parental Leave
· Educational Reimbursement, Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education
· and more!
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, and inclusion. OWASA does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in administration of its programs or activities, or employment decisions. OWASA is a Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.
Salary Range: $35,246 – $54,279
Apply online at www.owasa.org; closing date is December 6, 2021