Through a recent acquisition in 2021, Auth0 is now an independent product unit within Okta and together, we use identity to transform customer and workforce experiences. Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in.
Role Location: Remote
Position Description: We are looking for a User Research Intern to join our rapidly growing Research team within the Product organization. Our Research team is responsible for conducting primary research on our customers, users, and the general public in order to understand their preferences, priorities, and challenges and synthesize those learnings into coherent and easy-to-understand opportunities for our company.
We Offer: High priority projects, great mentors, and Lunch-n-Learns with Okta and Auth0 leaders.
The Auth0 Research team oversees all customer research, insights, tooling, and enablement across Product Delivery by working closely with cross-functional partners and stakeholders. These insights are utilized by Auziros to build a better understanding of our customers and foster innovation and customer obsession.
You will effectively collaborate with Research, Design, and Product team members to help validate and invalidate assumptions and de-risk decisions through the design and delivery of research projects. The research methodology you employ will depend on the nature of the questions you’re trying to answer, but may include usability studies, in-depth interviews, ethnographic observation, card sorting, diary studies, surveys, and more.
You will help build an ethical, scalable, efficient, and impactful research practice that empowers us to meet the needs of our substantial (and growing) customer base. Your focus will be completing primary research, including experimental design, recruiting, execution, analysis, synthesis, and knowledge sharing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help execute established research plans for a variety of teams
- Assist teams with analysis and synthesis of recent research findings
- Categorize and organize insights from research and prepare them for entry into our Insights Repository
- Develop your own Research Plan from scratch, including research goals, impact & outcomes, methodology & audience selection, and script development
- Communicate the results of your research with your immediate team and with other members of Product Delivery
- Evaluate how research is consumed and displayed within Product Delivery and cross-functionally to optimize for quality and coherency
- Evangelize and educate Product, Marketing, Customer Service, and other teammates on the impact of research and share current resources and best practices
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding some aspect of human behavior and/or creating intuitive interfaces between humans and technology
- Some coursework or experience with iterative design, design thinking, human subjects research, innovation, agile methodology, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of product/design/user research as it applies to cloud-based technologies
- Strong oral and written skills and clear presentation and communication style
- Comfortable working through feedback received by the team and making changes to your Research Plan and to your execution
- Have an understanding of how user research function sand the role insights play in decision making
- Have experience learning new tools and processes
- Have some experience conducting research, including recruiting, scheduling, execution, analysis, and synthesis
Education and Training: (In progress) BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Communications, or related field dedicated to either understanding some aspect of human behavior and/or creating intuitive interfaces between humans and technology.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.