Through a recent acquisition in 2021, Auth0 is now an independent product unit within Okta and together, we use identity to transform customer and workforce experiences. Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in.
Role Location: Remote
Position Description: We are looking for University students pursuing a business, finance, or related degree who are interested in a 12-week Summer 2022 Internship and that are passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution.
We Offer: High priority projects, great mentors, and Lunch-n-Learns with Okta and Auth0 leaders.
The Pricing strategy and Compete teams at Auth0 focus on how to position Auth0s products in the market, monetize those products, and which products/markets we should pursue. We are looking for a strategy focused intern to help perform competitive analysis and recommend positioning strategies. The intern will generate and compile both quantitative and qualitative research, deliver strategies on how we should position ourselves against our competitors, and the ultimate impact of that positioning.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform in-depth capability analysis of competitive CIAM capabilities and value drivers by leveraging publicly available information, (e.g. developer forums, market research, public reviews, etc)
- Conduct surveys (including conjoint and maxdiff) to quantify the competitive importance of competitor capabilities
- Create and populate competitive and value framework
- Prioritize competitive landscape based of competitors unique capabilities, and value positioning
- Propose competitive positioning strategies
- Deliver financial impact analysis
- Perform a high-level presentation for findings
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Passion for data driven analysis
- The ability to collaborate with broad cross-functional teams
- Comfort interviewing internal and external stakeholders to collect market data
- Experience working with finding and turning internal/external data into dashboards, insights, and financial models
- Skill to structure approaches to solve ambiguous problems
- Visceral user empathy, as demonstrated through a thorough understanding of Auth0’s core identity products e.g. try to write a “hello world” app using Auth0 and from there, speak to Auth0’s broader appeal.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Excel
- Understanding of surveying methodologies including but not limited to conjoint and maxdiff
- Experience with R, Python, Looker, Tableau a plus
Education and Training: (In progress) BS, MS, or PhD in business, finance, math, economics with an interest in business strategy. Software/Technical experience is a plus.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.