The Arizona Online Student Success team has openings for unpaid remote internship position for the Spring 2022 semester. The Arizona Online Student Success intern will assist with various tasks such as research and data collection, communication, social media community managements, event coordination, and programming logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Arizona Online Student Success team and other campus partners on researching, collecting and dissemination of information and services relevant to the Online student experience. Interact with students, staff, and faculty, community members on behalf of Arizona Online Student Success team. (e.g. virtual work presentations).
- Assist with social media community management for the Arizona Online Student Facebook group
- Assist with hosting virtual events.
- Work alongside staff in developing a broader presence of online students within the various university cultural clubs and organizations, and academic units.
- Assist with developing data-driven reports and info-graphics, both written and online resources.
- Must have completed 12 units at the University of Arizona
- Must be enrolled in Arizona Online Campus (not open to Main Campus students) for at least six credits
- Good Standing with the University of Arizona
- Internet research
- Data collection, interpretation, and visualization
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge with social media community management
- Organizational skills, and ability to multi-task with demanding time frames
- Proficiency with basic computer programs and systems (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, Outlook, Canva, and data visualization programs).
- Effective communication and professionalism, using tact and diplomacy, with the broad campus community.
- Knowledge, sensitivity, and understanding of the social, political, personal, and cross-cultural needs, concerns and interests of the following populations: online students, first generation students, international students, transfer students, military connected students, undocumented and DACA students, and/or students with disabilities.