Congressman Tom O’Halleran’s Oro Valley District Office is seeking interns for the Spring 2022 Semester. This is an opportunity to develop professionally and personally and serve the constituents of Arizona’s First Congressional District, all while learning a great deal about the federal government.
Interns will work with the Office Coordinator as their supervisor. Interns will receive an orientation and training session via informal meeting with office staff and various presentations. Hours worked per week will vary depending on student’s internship program credit requirement needs. Internship duration will last the Spring term, ranging from January through late May.
Throughout the course of the semester, general responsibilities will include:
– Answering Telephones
– Responding to Constituent Inquires
– Handling Constituent Casework
– Performing Direct Constituent Outreach
– Assisting with District Based Projects (Issue Research, Event Organization, and more as needed)
Skills Required Include:
– Professional Phone Demeanor
– Excellent Communication Skills
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office
– Strong Attention to Detail
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the federal government, the role of a Representative in Congress, and the role of a Member of Congress’s District Office plays to constituents. From handling constituent concerns and casework to assisting with research and organization of meetings and events with the Congressman, this internship will give you a first hand look at the operations of the federal government.