he Techno-Economic Analyst is primarily responsible for developing, maintaining, and using techno-economic analysis (TEA) and other process economic modeling to support existing and new technology offerings and programs. This position will establish a TEA framework for decision making, support trans-disciplinary project teams, and develop commercialization and economic arguments for different ideas, projects and products in the public and private industry sectors.
THE VALUE YOU DELIVER:
- Build and/or review TEA simulations, utilizing appropriate statistical tools for evaluating sensitivity analyses and decision-making.
- Establish and maintain suitable templates and workflows for process economic analysis.
- Employ relevant process modeling and simulation tools aligned to project requirements.
- Document bases, assumptions and sources of information, identifying all parameters that impact value and include appropriate margins for uncertainty.
- Using techno-economic analyses and market data, establish pricing data for raw materials, product(s), consumables and energy required for reliable models.
- Engage with engineering or design teams to evaluate process flows and risk analyses.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- PhD in economics or engineering economics required; MS considered, based on experience.
- Knowledge, skills and experience with process engineering economics, including equipment and capital investment cost, total production cost estimation, cash flow analyses, life-cycle cost analyses and profitability analyses, required.
- Experience with methods and tools to evaluate environmental, health, and safety impacts, as well as sustainability assessments, essential.
- Familiarity with energy, defense and aviation industries preferred
- Required capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-stakeholder environment, superior verbal and written communication/documentation skills, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proven demonstration of sound judgement, discretion, confidentiality and the ability to quickly learn new skills and be able to adapt and pivot in a rapidly changing and exciting environment.
- Occasional travel for meetings and site visits required