The Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM) Data & Analysis Center (DAC) is offering an internship opportunity at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
What will I be doing?
The participant will apply mathematical, analytical and computer science principles to develop and improve capabilities for managing data to meet needs of the Data and Analysis Center.
Why should I apply?
Under the guidance of a mentor, you will gain hands-on experience to complement your education and support your academic and professional goals. Along the way, you will engage in activities and research in several areas. These include, but are not limited to:
- Assess and data; support database development; apply best practices for quality assurance and quality control
- Identify opportunities for improvement; and support implementation of process improvements
- Contribute to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including: requirements analysis, database architecture design, web page design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Provide written documentation regarding the technical requirements
- Develop databases to support innovative web-based applications
- Troubleshoot software problems and provide solutions to overcome those problems
- Present development progress to management, colleagues, and customers
Where will I be located?
Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
What is the appointment length?
This appointment is a 12-month research appointment, with the possibility to be renewed for additional research periods. Appointments may be extended depending on funding availability, project assignment, program rules, and availability of the participant.
What are the benefits?
You will receive a stipend to be determined by DEVCOM-DAC. Stipends are typically based on a participant’s academic standing, discipline, experience, and research facility location.
Other benefits may include the following:
- Health Insurance Supplement (Participants are eligible to purchase health insurance through ORISE)
- Relocation Allowance
- Training and Travel Allowance
The Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM) Data & Analysis Center (DAC) is an Army Futures Command organization that conducts a variety of critical analyses to provide state-of-the-art analytical solutions to senior level Army and Department of Defense officials. The Data & Analysis Center’s responsive systems analysis supports the “Equipping” and “Sustaining” of weapons and materiel for our Soldiers in the field as well as our Future Army Force. https://www.dac.ccdc.army.mil/home.html.
This program, administered by Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) through its contract with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to manage the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE), was established through an interagency agreement between DOE and DoD. Participants do not enter into an employee/employer relationship with ORISE, ORAU, DoD or any other office or agency. Instead, you will be affiliated with ORISE for the administration of the appointment through the ORISE appointment letter and Terms of Appointment. Proof of health insurance is required for participation in this program. Health insurance can be obtained through ORISE. For more information, visit the ORISE Research Participation Program at the U.S. Department of Defense.
The qualified candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in mathematics, engineering, statistics, physics, chemistry, computer science, or similar disciplines, with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Degree must have been received within five years of the appointment start date. MediaWiki, and Microsoft applications experience preferred. Experience with one or more computer programming languages (C#, VBA, C++, R, Python, Java, etc.) and/or MATLAB is desired.
- Citizenship: U.S. Citizen Only
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, or Doctoral Degree received within the last 60 months or anticipated to be received by 6/30/2022 11:59:00 PM
- Overall GPA: 3.00