Internship candidates can expect a full-time onsite internship program, running from June 1, 2022 to August 12, 2022. This internship opportunity is offered in Milwaukee, WI. Internship candidates who are relocating for the summer internship opportunity are eligible for round-trip airline/train travel and mileage reimbursement to and from your internship location and company-provided housing for the duration of the summer internship program in accordance with the company’s relocation policy.
Carefully selected from universities across the country, our interns bring distinctive ideas and perspectives to our organization. Our employees are passionate about building our emerging talent and future leaders. After application and initial screening conversation, interns are aligned interview and be hired to a specific team at NM based on their skillsets and interests, providing exposure to real-world business perspectives through hands-on learning and meaningful work. In addition to their day-to-day tasks, interns participate in professional development workshops, senior leadership Q&A’s, volunteer initiatives, networking/social events, and more!
As a Compliance Intern, you will work alongside your hiring manager, mentor, and team to complete tasks critical for Northwestern Mutual’s success. We are here to help you both identify and continue to develop your future career goals and passions. See below for our current list of internship opportunities available in our Compliance departments:
- Enterprise Compliance: Focuses on the assessment and transformation of the processes, controls, and infrastructure needed to mitigate the wide variety of federal and state regulatory and compliance risks the organization faces. An intern will use compliance monitoring systems to facilitate follow-up with financial representatives and home office personnel to ensure compliance with company policies and regulations.
- Investment Products & Services: Assists the best interest program office (regulatory/compliance), which serves the enterprise for project management, financial services products, service and operations, technology, change management, communications, law, compliance and risk and controls.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs. Minimum qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Analytics, Risk Management or related field from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Previous work or classroom experience in one or more of the following: Compliance, Regulatory, Risk Management, Insurance
- Employer immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
Preferred skills and proficiencies
- Previous Compliance or Regulatory internship and/or relevant project experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- High degree of self-motivation, passion, and a drive to learn
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
We encourage you to apply! Once your application is reviewed, if selected to move forward, one of our University Relations team members will reach out for a call, where we will learn more about you and share internship opportunities aligning to your interests and skillsets and share any next steps of our recruiting process.
Who we are
Northwestern Mutual has been helping families and businesses achieve financial security for over 160 years through a distinctive planning approach that integrates risk management with wealth accumulation, preservation, and distribution. With more than $290 billion in assets, $30 billion in revenues and more than $1.9 trillion worth of life insurance protection in force, Northwestern Mutual delivers financial security to more than 4.6 million clients. People are the power behind Northwestern Mutual, and diversity makes us better. We are committed to reflecting and serving the marketplace. We do so by attracting and improving the engagement of those who bring their outstanding perspectives, ideas, and beliefs. At Northwestern Mutual, people matter. And you’ll be working for a company that’s consistently voted among the “most admired” in the nation. We invite you to explore your career interests with us.