POSITION: Part Time PACE STEM Mentor/Tutor: PACE, TRIO-SSS; Grant funded position. This position is for 10 hours per week during the academic year. Hours per day are flexible and work will be completed in-person and remotely as needed.
Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide a support to students planning to transfer to a four-year institution in a STEM field. The ideal candidate will have experience with TRIO, an earned associate’s degree in a STEM field and be a current student or recent graduate of a four-year college.
- Provide high quality tutoring for STEM courses at NECC and work with PACE students one on one and/or in group settings to support their learning at the college.
- Assist the PACE staff by conducting outreach to students enrolled in STEM courses and meeting with them to provide mentorship and academic tutoring support.
- Familiarize graduating students with accessing information systems at four-year colleges and provide a link between STEM supports at NECC and STEM supports available at transfer institutions.
- Assist PACE staff with social media postings and the recruitment of new students into the program.
- Must have completed an associate degree in a STEM field at NECC
- Must have graduated with a 3.0 GPA at least
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok and emerging platforms
- Eagerness to help NECC students succeed
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, urban population
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Candidates for employment should be aware that all Northern Essex Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
- Non-Benefited position
ANTICIPATED START DATE: November 2021
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: November 7, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ email@example.com. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College’s Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College’s website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery