NextEra Energy Resources is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
Power Generation Division Internship positions: Under direct supervision, this job applies business and finance knowledge to the renewable energy field through a broad variety of responsibilities including strategic projects, forecasting, and business analysis. Develops knowledge and skills within the Power Generation Division and applies problem-solving prowess to provide solutions to tactical business challenges. Works on small projects or portions of larger projects. Candidates must have cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be considered.
Some of the responsibilities for our business/ finance internship are listed below:
- Conduct deep dive analyses into wind and solar specific cost strategies
- Collaborate and problem solve with Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain and other PGD departments to provide solutions to business challenges
- Participate in all facets of the budgeting, forecasting and regulatory processes of Power Generation – NextEra Energy Wind & Solar
- Support financial dashboard development through PowerBI on business needs
- Review requested project NPV’s (Net Present Value) from other departments
- Learn the business and support controls activities, capitalization efforts, forecasts, budgets, and regulatory filings in the business area
- Finance, Business, or Accounting majors
- Strong Excel modeling skills is required; must be proficient in all Microsoft Applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in statistics, six sigma data mining tools (i.e. Power Pivot) is a strong plus
- Team player, eagerness to learn, great attitude and strong work ethic are requirements
MUST be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
LOCATION: Juno Beach Corporate office