Position Specific Description
The duties and responsibilities of the Intern DevOps Engineer include:
- Work with an agile team to setup and configure cloud-based environments.
- Design and develop secure cloud system architectures in accordance with established standards.
- Actively participate in design meetings with the development team.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolving technical and application problems.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on budget.
- Help define and develop continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Learn to building “Infrastructure as Code”
- Assist in coordinating build and release activities with other stakeholders
- Work with team members to develop application and performance metrics
- Update, writing and managing JIRA stories throughout the software development life cycle
- Help troubleshoot and respond to environment downtime and performance degradation
Analytical Problem Solving, Report Development, Good Listening Skills, Team Player, Effective Written Communications, Effective Verbal Communications, Analysis, Strategic Planning, Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (especially excel), Cloud Systems, Web Technologies, Information Coding Standards, Programming
Education, Experience, Skills
- Academic focus in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Excellent teamwork and project management capabilities
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher