NewsWest 9, KWES-TV, a TEGNA station is seeking a Broadcast Production Manager with a keen eye for visually compelling newscasts. The ideal candidate will work directly with the News Director to help achieve fast-paced, well edited live broadcasts with the right elements for each daypart. The Broadcast Production manager must have effective internal communication with multiple departments. This position must work with the IT Department to have basic knowledge of troubleshooting technical problems and equipment failure. The Production Manager at NewsWest 9 will serve as a leader for the team and set an example for team members in the department. The ideal candidate will be organized, have strong leadership skills, and excellent communication skills. We want someone who is the eyes, ears, and heart of the production team!
• Supervise day-to-day management of news production and operations as well as special event production
• Supervise production staff
• Train and coach Directors to meet NewsWest 9 standards
• Cross train news staff on various aspects of video production
• Understand Master Control equipment and duties
• Oversee planning and use of news technology including newsroom News Production Systems (ENPS), video editing systems (Edius), and News Content Management (Bitcentral)
• Manage applications for elections, traffic, and weather reporting systems
• Initiate requests for the purchase, replacement, or repair of equipment
• Manage quality control of equipment
• Assist in conducting yearly performance reviews
• Assist with the implementation of cross-training procedures for production staff
• Ensure graphic presentation meets standards
• Competency in all digital platforms including social media and traditional
• Troubleshoot technical issues as needed
• Communicate with IT Department to resolve technical issues
• Complete specific projects as requested by the News Director
• Assist with fleet management
• Develop technical training initiatives to ensure all team members have continued growth in the understanding of systems and hardware.
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities are a must
• Ability to work in a high-pressure news environment
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be able to call and punch a newscast
• Must have at least 1-2 years of previous news Production Management experience at a commercial TV station. Other production experience will be considered.
• Experience in television Newscast Directing
• BA preferred or equivalent television broadcast experience.