MYR Group and our subsidiary businesses strive to provide an opportunity for students to gain education in the electrical utility construction industry by providing a hands-on and inclusive internship program. The knowledge and experience gained through this program will directly apply to potential future employment opportunities.
Learn more about MYR Group’s internship program here: https://myrgroup.com/myr-employment/internship-programs/
Established in 1891, The L.E. Myers Co., the oldest MYR Group subsidiary, is recognized as a premier electrical contractor of large utility construction projects across the nation. Lewis E. Myers founded the company in Chicago with a vision of connecting villages and towns to major cities along railroad lines in the Midwest. L.E. Myers has completed hundreds of transmission and substation projects throughout the Midwest, East, and Southeast ranging from 34.5kV through 765kV; and has experience installing a variety of structures ranging from 60’ wood poles up to 400’ steel lattice towers
PAY: $16-$20 per hour (determined by job function/department)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Support estimating and project management team on electrical construction projects through office tasks and field observation of construction crews.
· Analyze construct project job cost data for comparison with estimated units and values.
· Observe electrical construction crews and record time performance data for comparison to job cost and estimate data.
· Support creation of process documentation and estimating tool by closing working with existing team members.
· Conduct field safety audits while observing construction crews.
· Support estimating team in reviewing existing and new contracts for specific term language research and summary table.
· Participation in the Lunch & Learn internship program provided by the MYR Group Internship Leadership team.
· College sophomore or above working towards a related degree or be currently enrolled in or attending trade school. If you are a recent graduate, you must be within 1 year of your graduation date.
· No experience required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to prepare and give presentations.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
Benefits of an internship with MYR Group:
· Opportunity to explore potential post-graduation career opportunities.
· Practice and improve industry skills while learning how to be an effective employee entering the workforce.
· Gain knowledge of the roles and responsibility of a particular career.
Position may be subject to pre-employment screening, which may include background check and drug testing. Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group, Inc. and our subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects our family of brands. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, or other protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
MYR Group does not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.